Change Days: Season 2 Episode 16 Recap - Finding a Happy Ending (End)

Change Days 2 - Episode 16 Thumbnail Image (Final Episode)

Season 2 of Change Days which depicts four couples on the brink of a breakup comes to an end. After a two-week trip to find their own happy endings, it is final decision D-Day! Who will choose to stay together? Who will ultimately choose to break up and move on?

MCs: Jang Do Yeon, Yang Se Chan, Code Kunst, Heo Young Ji

Change Days Season 2 Cast:
Lee Jeong-hun & Choi Hui-hyeon
Kim Tae-wan & Kim Hye-yeon
Min Hyo-gi & Choi Yun-seul
Kim Do-hyeong & Kim Ji-yu

A Final Conversation

1 day until final selection...

None of the participants are matched for the 'Last Change Date,' so they stay home and start packing up. But later, the couples are given a chance to have one last talk.

Dohyeong & Jiyu's Final Talk

Last time, they only focused on talking from their own perspectives and not listening. So Jiyu wants to hear his honest feelings today. He admits she was not his first priority back then but clearly expresses she is now. She tears up, still feeling torn about her decision. Although she has changed on this trip, she realized it is not solely her problems. After fixing one thing, new problems have emerged. Rather than avoiding it like before, she now has the courage to ask for a breakup if she feels things will not work out. Hearing her honest thoughts, he is actually grateful, and wants her to be able to fully express herself. Assuring her he is ready to handle it all. "If I let you go just because it's not easy to talk to you now, I think I'll regret it so much," he says.

Change Days 2 - Kim Do-Hyeong & Kim Ji-Yu Couple

Jeonghun & Huihyeon's Final Talk

Huihyeon, who has set her pride aside, did not get the answer she was hoping for yesterday. Jeonghun feels pressured trying to meet her demands and expectations. Honestly telling her that it has been hard on him. On this trip, he realized that he needs to speak up more since it has always only been her asserting opinions. Which is why it is taking him so long to give her an answer. "I should think very carefully before making my decision," he says. 

In the interview, she said, "I felt bad. It broke my heart," for giving him too much pressure. All she could do now is wait hoping he decides to stay with her.

Change Days 2 - Choi Hui-Hyeon & Lee Jeong-Hun Couple

Taewan & Hyeyeon's Final Talk

Hyeyeon understands why Taewan is angry about her text messages with the guy but tries to explain again. She did not cheat and the messages were not flirty hoping he could be flexible and let it slide. Literally pleading for another chance. Apologizing for being brazen and selfish trying to save their relationship. With arms crossed, he repeats to her, "Yes, you're being very selfish." Taking a combative stance the entire time knowing he has the upper hand now. With a last ditch effort, she begs him to take into consideration that she is trying to change. But he feels vulnerable worried how things could revert back, and his trust would only become a big disappointment again. Feeling anxious and afraid...

Change Days 2 - Kim Tae-Wan & Kim Hye-Yeon Couple

Hyogi & Yunseul's Final Talk

Yunseul took notes of everything she wanted to say but has not been able to say any of it yet worried he may feel hurt and walk out. Looking irritated already, Hyogi tells her to say it... But as soon as she starts, he cuts her off again... "I'll talk about the 500 days of our relationship." She wants to talk about his issues on this trip first while he wants to talk about her past faults first. Neither is willing to yield and listen. Going in circles once again...

What he wants from her is respect, consideration, manners, and affection. She asks if he has shown her all four of these things here. While admitting he has not on this trip, he argues that he did before. But she disagrees pointing out they would not have broken up 30 times if so. "I am catering to you, and..." she says. "I'm the one catering to you," he argues. Since it seems impossible for them to talk, she wants to just go. So he gets up and walks out first...

Change Days 2 - Min Hyo-Gi & Choi Yun-Seul Couple

And so everyone spends the last night at the Change House with mixed feelings...

Change Days Final Decision D-Day

Today is the day of the final decision! The 3 options are: 

  • Choose to stay with your partner
  • Choose to break up with your partner and go home alone
  • Or break up and choose someone new

Until the very end, they considered things carefully to make the best choice for themselves. It is time for them to inform their partner of their final decision in person...

Jeonghun & Huihyeon's Final Selection

Before coming here, Huihyeon was tired of their relationship and the biggest problem was to have to wait for his military service. But when it occurred to her that they might break up, she was in shock, and changed her mind. "I realized how much I loved him," she said. Putting on her couple ring, she chooses to stay with Jeonghun.

"I thought, if I wasn't sure about us, it might be right to let her go." But when he began to lean toward that decision, she started to openly express her feelings. And so he started to change his mind, little by little. "I could feel that Huihyeon needed me," he said. Jeonghun puts on his couple ring, and chooses to stay with Huihyeon.

Final Decision: Choi Hui Hyeon 💖 Lee Jeong Hun

She had asked him to be more selfish, so he was able to make this choice. He says, "Please wait for me." Finally, the words she wanted to hear~

Change Days 2 - Lee Jeong-Hun Final Selection
Change Days 2 - Choi Hui-Hyeon Final Selection

Dohyeong & Jiyu's Final Selection

Because of how they broke up 3 years ago, they were not able to hold a proper conversation and be honest with each other. But on this trip, Dohyeong felt intense emotions which helped them have deep conversations. He says, "Whatever your choice is, I won't regret my choice." He puts on his couple ring, and chooses to stay with Jiyu. But now he waits anxiously...

"The biggest change this trip brought me is myself and I'm very happy about it." Much thanks to Jeonghun who helped Jiyu spark this transformation. In the end, she decides to give it one more chance, and chooses to stay with Dohyeong. As he reassured her that she can tell him whenever she is upset or angry, she believes their relationship can improve.

Final Decision: Kim Do Hyeong 💖 Kim Ji Yu

He reaches out to hold her hand and promises, "I'll be good to you." And she says, "Okay. I'll be good to you too."

Change Days 2 - Kim Do-Hyeong Final Selection
Change Days 2 - Kim Ji-Yu Final Selection

Hyogi & Yunseul's Final Selection

Yunseul came here expecting to improve their relationship, but it only got worse. She said, "I felt that whenever I needed my boyfriend, he wasn't there for me." Feeling torn, it took a long time to make up her mind as she did not want to have any regrets. "Being here, I've seen the sides of Hyogi that I haven't seen before. And I thought I wouldn't be able to handle that." So she puts her ring down on the table choosing to break up with Hyogi.

For Hyogi, it was very frustrating that she only wanted to talk about the two weeks here when he wanted to resolve their problems that piled up over the past 500 days. Whenever they talk they always only end up fighting. He said, "I think I've been trying to change someone who is so different from me. I guess I was just being greedy." In the end, he puts down his ring. Also choosing to break up with Yunseul.

Final Decision: Choi Yun Seul 💔 Min Hyo Gi

"Take care," he says. "I wish you all the best." She wishes him the same. And lastly, he says, "Thanks for everything, and I'm sorry." He gets up to leave... And immediately burst into tears as soon as he steps outside... In the car, he is sobbing... Giving his hyung a call, all he needs is for someone to comfort him at this moment... heartbreak... uncontrollable tears...

Change Days 2 - Choi Yun-Seul Final Selection
Change Days 2 - Min Hyo-Gi Final Selection

Taewan & Hyeyeon's Final Selection

After Taewan poured his heart out during the 'Original Partner Date,' Hyeyeon reflected upon herself. "Now, I want to share my feelings with him and try to rely on him so I can look at this relationship in a more positive light," she said. "I'm determined to change." Her final choice is to stay with Taewan. "I've learned how much my boyfriend means to me."

The constant fights here have been exhausting for Taewan. He could see that she is trying to change, so he wanted to trust her, but he felt drained by the repetitive situation. Although he considered a breakup, he said, "I thought if I kept refusing to believe that Hyeyeon was going to change, I might end up regretting it." So he chooses to stay with Hyeyeon.

Final Decision: Kim Hye Yeon 💖 Kim Tae Wan

He tells her, "I decided to try not to be scared and believe what you say. I want to try as hard as you're trying for us. Be good to me, Hyeyeon." In tears, she nods okay. And he smiles and promises to be good to her too.

Change Days 2 - Kim Hye-Yeon Final Selection
Change Days 2 - Kim Tae-Wan Final Selection

Goodbye Message

Hyogi and Yunseul receive one new message... <Goodbye Letter> 'Would you like to see the goodbye letter from your partner?' Both choose 'YES'...

Yunseul's Goodbye Letter to Hyogi:

"Breaking up with you has always been difficult for me. But this time, I hope we can accept the breakup and truly move on. I genuinely wish you the best of luck. I'll be rooting for you with all my heart. Take care of yourself."

Hyogi's Goodbye Letter to Yunseul:

"I wish we had laughed more often than got angry at each other. But I guess we fought a lot because we're both still young. We fight all the time... so maybe... breaking up is the best choice for us. I hope it won't take long for us to move on. I liked you very much. I loved you very much. Thank you, Yunseul."

After watching the video, Yunseul tries to fight back the tears, but the tears won't stop...

Change Days 2 - Choi Yun-Seul watching Min Hyo-Gi's goodbye letter

Four couples who have started this Change Days journey to find a happy ending... For some, the happy ending is staying together. While for others... The happy ending is choosing to end a difficult relationship. Hope they truly did make the best decision for themselves without any regrets. Please be happy~

For latest updates, please follow the cast members on Instagram and show support! 😘

Change Days Season 2 Cast Information - Names, Age, Occupation, Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog