Change Days: Season 2 Episode 9 Recap - Did I Do Wrong? Did I Not Do My Best?

Change Days 2 - Episode 9 Thumbnail Image

For the first time since the trip began, the original couples finally get to go on a date together. Contrary to expectations, the emotional gaps only deepen. Will they be able to take one step closer to overcoming the crisis?

MCs: Jang Do Yeon, Yang Se Chan, Code Kunst, Heo Young Ji

Change Days Season 2 Cast:
Lee Jeong-hun & Choi Hui-hyeon
Kim Tae-wan & Kim Hye-yeon
Min Hyo-gi & Choi Yun-seul
Kim Do-hyeong & Kim Ji-yu

The Conflict Deepens

'If you could go to where your partner is right now, would you go?' Taewan said yes and is on his way! "I wanted to assure her," he said. "To show her that I cared through my actions."

As soon as he arrived at the date scene, the atmosphere gets cold... Hyeyeon and Jeonghun are shocked to see him show up. Taewan pulls up a chair and awkward silence... Opposite of what he had intended, she is looking quite upset. Feeling flustered, he is unable to say things he wanted to say. A rash decision he did not think through...

Change Days 2 - Kim Hye-Yeon & Lee Jeong-Hun

In the interview, Hyeyeon said, "Why is he doing this to me? I wasn't moved by it at all. And it didn't at all feel like he came because he wanted to see me. I thought it was just for show."

At the Change House

Taewan tries to explain to Hyeyeon his intentions for going. But she does not believe him and doubts his effort. He only wanted to do better. That he drove over 30km to go see her without dinner. "Don't act like you're a victim," she says cutting him off. "I'm not. You're judging me as you want," he says. "You're not even willing to hear me out." While he is only trying to explain the effort he is making, she thinks he is only talking about how hard it is for him again.

In the interview, he said, "I keep trying to show my love for her and make up with her, but she keeps refusing to see it." While crashing her date may not have been the right move to show her he cares, she is unwilling to listen and view things from his perspective. Despite his effort to change and match what she wants, she does not recognize it and is not satisfied.

Change Days 2 - Kim Hye-Yeon

At this time, Dohyeong and Yunseul returns from their Change Date. Jiyu is not finding it cute to see him come home drunk. And there is also conflict for the other couple... Yunseul tries to chase down Hyogi to talk, but he keeps avoiding her...

Original Couple Date

Finally, a chance for the couples to talk and work out issues. But yet they are all afraid...

Taewan & Hyeyeon Original Couple Date

Taewan makes an effort to match her outfit for a couple look today, but she does not seem to care at all. Over lunch, Hyeyeon once again tells him how hurt she is by him not showing her any affection here. Feeling shocked, she says, "You're like a completely different person." He is then accused of saying and doing things just for show, that he does not care about her. On top of that, she compares him with the other guys to let him know how much he is lacking...

She feels he puts himself first before her feelings and calls him selfish. From his perspective, he was caring but she thinks differently. He wants her to tell him so that he knows. "But why? Why do I have to tell you to let you know that?" she asks. This is the only thing he wants. For her to just tell him what she feels, but she says it is hard for her to do so...

When they have to face bigger problems later, she says, "I'm not even sure if you can protect me. I lost confidence in you." Which she gives as the reason why she feels more comfortable around other guys. "I do think it's my fault that you've been feeling that way," he says. "You're right. I was below par." She repeats it back to him, "Yes, you were below par."

Change Days 2 - Kim Tae-Wan & Kim Hye-Yeon

Hyogi & Yunseul Original Couple Date

Hyogi and Yunseul, who said they are too different from each other on the first day of the trip, are now feeling even more of a difference. Things have only gotten worse for them here. The two have different perspectives on things. He wants to talk things out after the dates, but she worries that talking right away would make them argue and fight. Not knowing what is on her mind, he ends up assuming things to be true without asking. Both wanting to talk to clear any misunderstandings, but cannot seem to agree on the right timing to do so.

The conversation keeps going around in circles. He feels she has taken him for granted over their 500-day relationship. "I want to feel loved," he says. "I want you to show that you care." While she feels it is unfair as she does care, but he keeps jumping to conclusions. He claims it is because she refuses to talk to him, but yet he does the same. Rather than waiting to talk to her, he talks about their issues openly in front of others.

In the end, she asks him a sharp question, "Do you even want to continue this relationship?" He responds, "I do, but to be honest, there are many things that bother me." They just do not listen to one another or have the ability to empathize with a different perspective. Ugh...

Change Days 2 - Min Hyo-Gi
Change Days 2 - Choi Yun-Seul

Taewan & Hyeyeon Original Couple Date

Nighttime arrives and their couple date continues. After listening to Hyeyeon read him for filth earlier, Taewan finally lets out everything he has been holding in. Finally calling her out on all of her hypocrisy. Talking about how she got upset about his date photos, he asks, "But why is it okay when you do it, and why is it wrong when I do it?"

"Do you know what people say to me? They say I'm being gaslighted... But I tell them they're wrong," he says. Wearing his heart on his sleeve, he starts to break down as he tells her how much he loves her and wants to be with her. "I always tell you you're the only one for me, but you never do that." He ends up sobbing and steps away to collect his emotions...

Change Days 2 - Kim Tae-Wan

After he returns, the two clash face-to-face. The argument goes around in circles... She feels like she cannot rely on him because he would only talk about himself. That is why she cannot share how she feels with him. While he feels like a pushover for catering to her. That she has not even tried to rely on him or give him trust... She sighs loudly..

TW: Are you angry?
HY: I was thinking I can't talk about my frustration as per usual.
TW: No, don't act like you're the victim.

OMG! He just used her own line against her... She is in utter shock...

TW: Do you know how I feel? I feel like you treat me like dirt.
HY: Watch what you're saying, Taewan. What's wrong with you?

She is in tears now...

Change Days 2 - Kim Hye-Yeon

HY: So I was the problem?
TW: No, I'm at fault too.
HY: But you don't understand why I can't rely on you.
TW: I do. You always said that was just who you were.
HY: I didn't want to hurt your feelings.
TW: Thanks for being so considerate. But I think it would've been better if you were honest with me.
HY: You could've tried to listen to me when I seemed to be having a hard time.
TW: You think I haven't? You talk to me with this preconception you have.
HY: I don't want to talk anymore, Taewan.

In the end, she had nothing more to say, gets up, and leaves... While he shakes his head...

7 days until final selection...

The couple date continues on the next episode of Change Days 2. Jeonghun tells Huihyeon, "I thought it was all about hearing that you'd wait for me. But I realized I might want to break up after you wait for me." What?! And Dohyeong directly asks Jiyu, "Are you happy with our relationship?" She is in tears... 😭

Change Days 2 - Episode 10 Preview Thumbnail Image

Change Days Season 2 premiered on Thursday, June 2nd, 2022. A new episode is available for streaming every Thursday on KakaoTV and globally on Netflix!

Change Days: Season 2 Episode 10 Recap - Unsolved Problems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog